18.8.09

Busy Busy



My hopes and dreams of becoming a regular blogger seem to get sidelined :) Partly by children , partly by getting sidetracked when online looking at youtube projects and blog hopping ;) but mostly by spending all the spare time that I do get to stamp! :) Birthday season is upon me and that is keeping me busy. The latest birthday was my nephew and creating a card for a 12 year old boy is no easy feat. He likes music so I gave it my best shot and the end result even turned the head of Miss 15 who fluttered her eyelashes at me and reminded me of how much I really love her LOL
Everything except the images and the music sheet is Stampin' Up! the images are Ink by Steph (Fiskars? but don't quote me on that one), Colours used are Real Red (obviously :) ), Brilliant Blue and Tempting Turquoise. I sponged the colours onto Whisper White randomly them stamped the Guitar image in black Staz On. I tore the edges then sponged them with Chocolate Chip to give it that "grunge" look. The stamped winged cross was cut out and "boy bling" (silver brads) were added for dramatic effect. The music sheet was punched with the spiral punch (way cool), stamped with Basic phrases (Stampin' Up!) and the sentiment that I cut from the top of the guitar image. In keeping with the rock theme I tore more music sheet and wrote the sentiment for the inside and printed out a small copy of AC/DCs Let There Be Rock. Apparently he loved it (not just for the birthday money that was slipped inside *hee hee*) and I covered a 3B1 notebook in the same manner (these covered notebooks are very popular with the kids, Who Knew?!). I hope this gives you an idea of what you can achieve when you just "roll with it" this project wasn't planned, it just evolved in the making :) Miss 15 now wants her diary for next year covered in the same manner LOL and Miss 8 is making noises about wanting *another* notebook just the same LOL

1 comment:

  1. oooh I have that guitar stamp!
    What a great card!!

    ReplyDelete